It’s coming to that time of year again when pets and kids alike are tearing around in the back yard and can be susceptible to bee and wasp stings.
Regrettably, for some pets, being stung can be a case of need. Therefore, it is crucial for an owner to understand what to do.
Of course, the chances are you will not observe that your pet has been stung, till you see him, or her, hopping or, even worse still, the nose or mouth begins swelling. Nevertheless, in non-emergency scenarios, there are some simple things that you can do at home to minimize the swelling and ease the discomfort of an insect sting. However, it is best to learn how to get rid of Honey bees by calling a professional.
How to remove a Bee Stinger
If you think your pet has been stung, you should look for a bee stinger. If you see the stinger, you need to endeavor to remove it by scraping with your fingernails. It is not prudent to use your fingers or tweezers to pull the stinger, as this can cause the release of more contaminants.
However, you will certainly not see a stinger in all cases; your pet might have removed it by rubbing the sting area. Alternatively, maybe, your pet may have been stung by a wasp, which does not leave a stinger behind. Therefore, if, after mindful evaluation, you can not discover a stinger, do not anguish.
Reducing the Swelling
After the stinger is removed if you located one, you should get an ice bag and position it over the site of the sting. If possible, the ice bag needs to be kept on for around half an hour, as this will certainly assist to relieve the pain and minimize any swelling. After this time, you ought to keep a close watch on your pet for a minimum of 24 hours to ensure that he, or she, does not have an allergic reaction to the sting.